What is Kinesiology Taping?
Dr kenzo Kase created Kinesiology Tape (KT) after research into this area and found that it naturally helps with the healing process of the damaged tissues by encouraging lymphatic drainage and support to the muscles and soft tissues without limiting movement.
Research is now heading towards the KT becoming more of a tool assisting with proprioception and joint awareness which can allow for freer movement and reduced pain.
KT can be applied to most areas of the body and can be specifically applied to treat the most common sport related injuries including:
• Plantar Fasciitis
• Ankle Inversion Sprain
• Achilles Tendinopathy
• Medial Shin Pain or Medial Tibial Stress Syndrome (Shin Splints)
• Ankle Swelling
• General Knee Pain
• Patella Femoral Syndrome
• Lateral Knee Pain including Iliotibial (IT) Band Syndrome
• Medial Knee Pain including MCL Sprain
• Hamstring Strain
• Rectus Femoris and Quadriceps Strain
• Lower Back Pain
• Cervical Spine Pain
• Shoulder Pain including Rotator Cuff Tendinopathy
• Forearm Pain including Compartment syndrome
• Elbow Pain including Lateral Epicondylitis (Tennis Elbow)